Saturday, June 4, 2016

2016 Jamboree Notes

I haven't blogged for months. But that's "neither here or there" as I've been told in the past. It just is!

This Jamboree was different but just as great. We missed some people who had other commitments,  but have a lot of others who have provided us with so many great ideas for researching. Thank you, Speakers, for all of your time and effort.

I want to mention that I spoke with two ladies from the Spokane area, Mary and Nancy. They are both thinking about blogging. I gave them some basic information and encouraged them to look into Geneabloggers, of course. They are first-time Jamboree attendees and are having such a good time that they already are planning on coming back next year. I'm hoping to see them again tomorrow and see how their evening looking into blogging platforms, etc. went.

And, oh, do I have a lot of work to do. Even though this was my 8th (I think) Jamboree, I still learned some techniques that I really MUST use because I'm sure that they will help me improve my research skills and find information about some of those elusive ancestors.


2 comments:

  1. I've been blogging for about two years and am listed on Geneabloggers. But, I don't know how to get the Geneabloggers "button" on my blog. Can you talk me through that? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen, my name is Sherwood Kraemer. I live in Wheaton, illinois. My grandfather was William Thomas Cottrell. His parents were William Cottrell and Mary (Blackmore). I have done research on the family too but yours is very extensive. Do you do genealogy for fun or as a job? Would love to connect with you sometime via email, etc.

    ReplyDelete