Thursday, July 25, 2013

GRIP 2013 - Thursday night

Tonight's the last night.  And only a half day tomorrow. 

I "checked in" for my flight; checked my shuttle reservations.  I need to think about packing, but that shouldn't take too long.  I didn't buy too much this trip, so I don't have to figure out how to get everything home without paying for excess weight.  That's good.

Let's start with the end of the day.  After class ended Kristen and I sat in the class room and just talked for over an hour.  Then we went to dinner and talked with Sara and Tina with Connie joining in for awhile.  I left a little after 6 to make sure I didn't miss any books I couldn't live without.  And I skipped the chocolate cookies that I couldn't resist last night.  Kristen, Sara and Tina sat and talked until they had to leave the cafeteria. 

We all heard Michael Hait talk about probate records. Thank you Michael for filling in.  Inventories are really the best way to really get to know a family who lived in the past.  What did they think was important enough to spend money on, or to make or to keep?  I really like the inventory book and the interesting items listed in it.  Unfortunately, I've just looked through it since I haven't found any inventories during the past year.  But this next year is going to be different.  Right?!!!

We finished citations this morning and moved on to assessing information.  The exercises were good but I would have liked to have another one or two because I realized that I wasn't getting all of the clues from the info presented.  After lunch we moved on to gathering the evidence and resolving the conflicts, if there are any.  With only two sessions tomorrow morning, I know we'll be busy.  And some of the good-byes are going to be difficult.  But I hope to see you in Pittsburgh about one year from now.

No comments:

Post a Comment