Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Has parenting changed? - Parenting Rules to write about

This column was in The Arizona Republic, today, Wednesday, November 2, 2011.  http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/arizonaliving/articles/2011/11/01/20111101abby1102-teens-mom-sooo-strict.html   I normally don't read Dear Abby, but I couldn't resist when I looked at the title "Teen's mom sooo strict."  I know lots of parenting practices have changed.  Perhaps we need to include parenting rules when we write about our families.

2 comments:

  1. I read that column yesterday! Parenting Rules - What an interesting topic to write about. In our family we could get 3 generations worth - rules my mother was subjected to, rules I was subjected to and rules my children were subjected to.

    It would be interesting to get the perspective from both sides. My recollection of my parents rules and my mother's recollection of her rules for us kids. Hmmm....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for that Mom and Abby!!! Thanks for sharing! I like Michelle's idea!

    ReplyDelete